View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 07:32 AM   #13
2018ZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10 NFG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Yes I am in. Getting some tires for the event. If you put your name in some will drop out.

What are you getting from Ted? His ZL1 package? He is great to work with. He worked on my 5th gen TT 1LE straightening out a crappy build from another shop and he did my '16 SS boltons.

I hope to hold out on a tune. I'd like to run a 75 mm ported TB and a ported SC tuneless if possible. I am not going LTs this time or spinning my SC any faster. If I go big it will be Paxton and port injection. But I doubt I will ever do that. If I can just squeeze into the 10s once in a while I think I will be good. I am 4 tenths away stock and I'd like to try some Atco mineshaft air. An 11.2 seems possible, but then I have one of the slower ZL1s so far.
I think I will do that! Thats Thanksgiving weekend I do believe... what better way to give thanks then to go drag racing!!

I read some good things about Ted and he was very responsive which is amazing these days! I am doing the American racing long system (Catless) and matching that up with the stock suit case, we will see how that goes! I dont mind loud because it only gets driven on the weekend in nice weather. Plus a larger crank pulley and a tune. Ted said it would be about 650 at the wheels. I may have him do a tune for some race gas if he thinks it could get more HP.

Thats cool... I came from a 1970 chevelle with a NA small block so this is all new territory for me! Its most def different than changing jets!!! I think after I get tired of what Ted is going to do I would be looking at either a Maggy or a Whipple, amazing the amount of power these things are creating! I wouldnt exactly call your ZL1 slow! faster than most anything from the factory!
2018ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote