View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 03:58 PM   #9
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I agree with most of what you are saying, the biggest question is where does this car fit in the lineup?

GM IMO made the 5th gen Z/28 to good. It put it up on the top of the food chain. I don't know if they can top the ZLE. Sure it will be lighter, but it won't have as much power, won't have as much torque. So it would need even more go fast goodies which means expensive.

SO then maybe it doesn't need to top the ZLE, but then at the point are they going to offer a car that's only slightly better than the regular ZL1 and at what cost?

I just don't see where it fits in the line up unless it's better than the SSLE but not quite as good as the ZL1 and priced accordingly. That is the only place I see it in the lineup
Camaro simply needs to make it fit. First forget about a Z28 nameplate. Camaro should have made the SS 1LE a Z28 instead but that didnt happen.. Camaro should just put in the higher horse version LT2 in the SS line up to better compete with GT350 and the R and blow away the mustang GT at the same time. Next put the LT5 in the ZL1 and we have a direct competitor to the 2020 GT500. Or use the 5.5 NA motor in the SS1LE rated at 550 horse with a DCT shared with the LT5 ZL1
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote