View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 01:15 PM   #1
Rayvan
Rayvan

Drives: 2018 1SS1LE, Silver Ice Metallic
Hit and Run in S. San Jose

Late the other night, my son and D-I-L heard a crash out in front of their house. They looked out in time to find a mid-2000s Subaru limping away with severe damage down the entire right side of the car (they couldn’t get the plate #). They’d said that the door-skins were barely holding on, exposing the internals of the door, and glass/plastic rear-view mirror parts all over the street in front of my old 88 Pontiac GTA that they were borrowing temporarily. They went out expecting similar damage to my car.
They went out and looked the T/A, and in the dark, saw no real damage, Amazed, they went back to bed.
Later, the next morning, the damage was a bit more evident; the fender was dented slightly, there was a crack in the glass in the T/A’s left-side mirror, the 16” front wheel looked like someone had curbed it . + a wheel weight was missing (the original Gold-Mesh wheels were flawless). There's a slight dent in my front fender wheel opening. There was greasy tire-shine shit (God, I hate that stuff) smeared all over the left side of the T/A’s red paint. The car now pulls to the left, and vibrates like hell on the freeway. Other than that, no other problems. The vibration is no-doubt the missing wheel-weight, but it may be bent. I'll put a dial-indicator on it to check it.
That car was never hit in the all years I’ve had it. Though the paint is tired, the body *was* in perfect condition, and no rust. ****ers.
Rayvan is offline   Reply With Quote