View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 10:51 PM   #28
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
Maybe look at it this way, the Vet 6.0L MAF tables vs the GTO 6.0L tables were way more refined. It was night & day difference.
What do you mean? I really can't understand why GM went through the trouble of calibrating and certifying 2 and more LT1 tunes one for Corvette and one for Camaro, I understand they have 2 different manifolds which necessitates 2 different tunes for the different O2 feedback parameters due to the different locations of the O2s on the different manifolds. But why did they go through all the trouble of having a unique Corvette timing table? I am pretty sure both cars meet the same emissions standards and have the same equipment besides the manifolds, especially given how GM is so good at "cutting costs".

It drives me insane to see all the inconsistency in the stock GM tables, I don't know if we could ever get to the bottom of why unless we could actually ask the calibration engineer who did it. I have a feeling they are not using a nice GUI interface like we have with HP Tuners and EFI Live and they may even have to handoff parameters they choose over to a software engineer who then complies the code and maybe stuff gets lost in translation?
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote