View Single Post
Old 08-15-2022, 10:10 AM   #5
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
While you're saying sea level, I'm going to talk in density.

I can see a 2-3-lb difference between hot Summer month boost and cold Fall/Winter conditions. I'm not monitoring enough, all the time, to suggest what other factors could be influencing these numbers (belt slip, fueling, etc.), but on one of our cars, we see as much as 16-psi (stock long block, and only CAI/103) in the cold temps down to top-14s/bottom 15s in Summer conditions.

I'm certainly not even close to being an expert, so the following probably doesn't matter, but I'm not sure you should be considered with boost as much as blower speed. You didn't really state exactly the situation, but just because I run 16-psi and make 700-WHP doesn't mean your (way) better combination, running 16-psi is making 700, right? Boost is just restriction (which I'm confident you already know), so unless you're trying to assess some measure of engine efficiency or a problem with the combination, it seems to me that focusing on blower speed might be more important.

I was re-watching an old CSP video where Andrew was messing with his pulley combination on his 2650 427 ZL1. While there were other issues with the car (exhaust I believe) that he was trying to address, he found that the power curve was slightly better with a slightly larger pulley because it wasn't working the blower as hard. He was making like mid-900s SAE, and I wonder if he could've just been fighting too small a TB/snout combination, too, but that's just a crude guess on my part. JRE's made something like 1100 with a 112 (TB)-combination, too, if I recall. I'm just saying that it seems like when you get close to 1000-WHP, the intake-side has to be improved over the 103 set-up. LMP's made 1320-WHP (I don't remember the fuel; 16-psi for an 1100 run, before porting that blower; 1320 at about 18-psi) on a hub dyno with a huge 170mm oval TB/snout. That was a different Maggie blower case, but my point remains. That was a full race car, but I think, perhaps, similar logic could be applied.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote