View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 09:15 PM   #78
franksredhot

Drives: 2016 Red Hot Camaro 1SS A8
So I'm still using the Meguiar Ceramic spray on my daily Hyundai and it still beads like crazy and hardly needs to be cleaned. But now I'm realizing it's a good product for a light colored car that already had Meguiar polymer coating on it.

So I tried using it on a dark car 3 year old car that been pretty neglected with no wax or polishing in all that time. I washed the car, did iron removal, and then a quick pass with synthetic clay. Before the ceramic spray the car was not beading at all. I started applying the ceramic spray and like Glen stated, it was just too thick. It did not spread easily after hitting it with water. I was able to get the car to start beading and it definitely added some shine.

The next day went to check the car and I found way too many streaks. Similar to what I've seen on headlights and glass on my other cars. My other cars are white and silver and I assume that is why I didn't see streaks. I can't recommend using this on dark cars and definitely won't use it on my red Camaro.
franksredhot is offline   Reply With Quote