View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 07:11 PM   #11
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
I've been looking at the boost draw down after hard pulls in my logs. I can see that the throttle response does indeed have some activity after I let off the gas to zero. the TP shuts to about 20 degrees (not idle) as boost is maintained at high level for fractions of a second so it boxes the boost in the piping. With the Accelerator Position PID at zero, the Recirc valve opens (i.e. BNR Valve) then the TP (commanded throttle position) opens another 4 degrees, and that is to relieve the inlet pressure as boost pressure starts to subside. this all happens in fractions of a second. RPMs continue to climb for about less than half a second, as much as 90 RPM, after you let off he gas. Idle is about 17.3 degrees. Sometimes there is a more exaggerated effect depending on how the engine is building boost when I let off the gas. Its all anti surging strategy. I wonder, I just wonder if an aux recirc valve would work....and how that would work to do away with the ltg 'throttle surge'.

NFG M6 2T
Mishimoto Hot side pie | ZZP Catted DP | KN Drop in | Borla - Sport Tour | Apex Arc 8 - square | Wookster Tuning+ | Flex Fuel

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote