View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 09:01 PM   #63
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknRed1990 View Post
Was thinking about getting the ZZP big wheel turbo myself. Do you guys think the stock internals can handle it with what mods I already have? Also, what has been your experience with it wook; more top end power? More turbo lag?
I am not worried about the power at all. All I have to compare for my recent work is HPtuners logs, so they are based on air and fuel and rpm. Its good for comparing and saving a ton on dyno runs and getting the read on improvements. I used a online calc with my weight vs times and its laying 325 hp "on average" down the 1/4 mile.

I did my MW kit soon after the BigWheel turbo and I didn't keep really good notes but I have some graphs for demonstration purposes.

Bottom line, is I would say there is no lag, and maybe even better response since the inducer size is still pretty small. That's the part of the compressor in the intake snout. Its only like 4mm bigger using recall, it may be 5mm. The exducer similarly is only a few mm bigger than stock. But the wheel I believe is physically lighter since its machined down quite a bit. The OEM compressor is cast and thick and heavier, I think. I didn't weigh it. But it throws up to 30 psi using the physical gauge.

To dial in the turbo It will need advanced tuning. Its probably "off the menu" for email tuners. You'll need a pro tuner to get the VE and VT adjusted.

Here is a kind of walk through to see the differences. The early days were rough. Mostly from Evil Bee bashing me about Race Chip hahaah

Keep in mind these are at different time periods and there is going to be biases in the charts due to DA. But for what I was looking at they were relevant for that project. Some of the cursors arn't square on the peak torque but it illustrates.

Early HP Tuners Log, No Tune.

Name:  no tune.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  102.6 KB

Early Days with just Bolt ons and I think it was racechipped.

Name:  with new borla and racechip.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  153.8 KB

This is standard tune and some of the Bolt Ons.

Name:  Bigwheel before I tuned it.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  150.7 KB

This is Bigwheel Tuned getting dialed in and before the WM kit.

Name:  400t x 380h After I got BW dialed in..jpg
Views: 488
Size:  153.9 KB

My current setup pretty much - MW is always running mild squirt on the road to save from refilling the tank. Different ramps and approaches.

Name:  Getting WM dialed in.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  151.4 KB
Attached Images

NFG M6 2T
Mishimoto Hot side pie | ZZP Catted DP | KN Drop in | Borla - Sport Tour | Apex Arc 8 - square | Wookster Tuning+ | Flex Fuel

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote