View Single Post
Old 10-26-2020, 09:20 PM   #57
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexnBlair View Post
Anyone know anything about RPM's Flex Fuel Conversion? It is on sale right now for $199

Also, messaged Coopers Camaro. Really liked him, knowledgeable dude. However, his flat fee is $500.00 and I have to purchase the HP tuner, which is $300, and then two credits which is $100. So that is $900. Where National Speed was going to charge $1000 for a Dyno Tune w/ the HP tuner included. Not as big a gap as I thought it was going to be but Cooper does offer unlimited revisions. Trifecta is showing $688 for their tune. So that is making the decision tougher.
Definitely do the zzp flex fuel kit. The RPM one has cheesy hose clamps if I recall. Keep in mind its a market with varying budget minded people and questionable car histories. The zzp kit has custom hose adapters that match OEM quality. I have it. Cooper is a Mod on FB 6th Gen Camaro 2.0 Turbo Talk I already answered this once today. But FB SUCKS b/c its the same ol same old noise. and the build histories are all here.

As far as the tuning cost. its $500 for M6 $ 700 for A8 for DIY plus your own skill; hptuners and all that. 900-to 1000 is the going rate for pro tuning. People have glowing reviews for Cooper. And with HP tuners you have your own file and just about anyone else (pro shops and knowledge enthusiasts) can help you if the worst possible thing happened without starting over again. You will own your tune file. For reliance and backup and tuning talk online as you can do your own logs. the others tend to be proprietary scaling with price point. It just depends what your level of involvement you want to do. You wont go wrong with HP tuner solution. Cooper will be able to take you beyond the base tune when you are ready and you can build as you go.

NFG M6 2T
Mishimoto Hot side pie | ZZP Catted DP | KN Drop in | Borla - Sport Tour | Apex Arc 8 - square | Wookster Tuning+ | Flex Fuel

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote