View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 05:47 PM   #21
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artryan View Post
I've heard this before. Every time I criticize ceramics, I get the same "you expected too much." Well, what exactly are you to expect when you spend $1400 for this wonder coating? Apparently not much. After waxing my cars for 30 years and switching over to ceramic coatings, I'm still trying to figure out what I am supposed to expect and what makes these coatings any better than wax.

As these new, cheaper spray coatings hit the market, ceramics will most likely lose luster even more as people realize they can get similar results from a $8 bottle of Turtle Wax Ice Seal and Shine from Wal-Mart.
The power of marketing and mass adoption is real.

As long as you get the general public to believe something is the next best thing to sliced bread and you have mass adoption, you will get $$$.

Eventually reviews come in and the long term reality of what a product actually is and is not becomes more clear, and by that point most have made a boat load of money and the fad fades, unless it is legit and really IS the next best thing to sliced bread.

Knowing what I know now, I would have stuck with my Zaino every 6 mths , still doing the front clear bra and called it a day.

I paid $2200 for Ceramic Pro (3 yr. option) (after the fact, being told that I need to come back for a "refresh", separate charge of course, every 6 months for the 3 yr. warranty to be valid) and Expel of the front bumper.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06

Last edited by TRZ06; 09-30-2019 at 06:30 PM.
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote