View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 09:24 AM   #38
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
All it is really going to take to release a new Z/28 is a combination of parts that can run the ring under 7. What exactly that combination will be is to be determined but to use the badge, the car needs to raise the bar. That is my opinion.

To listen to a lot of you guys, you just need to buy a SS 1LE and mod it with brake and weight saving upgrades. The car you want is already for sale.

I say put the turbo V8 in the Z/28 and blow the doors off EVERYTHING!
There isn't going to be a Z/28 that is faster than the current ZL1-1LE. It's just not going to happen. Additionally, even if they go with the most widely hypothesized Z model, which is essentially a 550-600HP N/A motor in a ZL1 chassis with ZL1-1LE suspension, all it does is create a problem for GM, a problem they don't need.

I love the Z/28...and would love to see it happen. However, all of this it needs to be a sub 7 min car and blah blah blah is just silly. It was never this kind of car ever, and the 5th gen car withstanding, needs to go back to its true roots. The 1LE SS is the real world Z/28 currently. They need to just drop the 1LE name and give it its real name, the Z/28.

You could even offer a 1LE package for the Z/28....with the upgraded carbon ceramics, ZL1 1LE suspension, etc....

Look, the ACR Viper weighs roughly 350-400lbs lighter than the current ZL1 1LE. However, it also cost on average about 45k more. It has virtually the same HP as the ZL1-1LE....

Let's assume you get it down to the same weight....you're still in the same neighborhood as the ACR. All of the cars at the top of the list for the ring are +700HP, AWD, or basically kit car light.... or a combination of each... and even with rear seat delete, cutting out the electronics, and lighter wheels, I just don't see you getting down to 3300lbs... maybe 3450...