View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 08:36 AM   #71
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Well, technically only an SS *needs* them. Clearly there is something very different going on with brakes and cooling for this specific model vs SS 1le, zl1 and zl1 1le for GM to insist a 12 step process be followed and then reversed (for street). I havent had a chance to compare SS with SS 1le brakes side by side, but o obviously they differ. Even the splash guard is different and oriented differently. There are proly other significant differences too.

So exactly what are we taking about here regarding SS 1le specifically? Doing all 12 steps per GM for the SS? Or just adding a lower control arm larger deflector (which hangs way too low for street use to my liking). Lastly, whatever it is, how cooler do calipers run? Any measurement available regarding cooling gains?
Technically you are correct, only the 4 piston SS brakes need them for tracking. However, I have the 6 pistons and run them full time with the track splash shield also.
The 12 step process you are referring to is really only difficult if you are removing the calipers and rotors to change the splash shield. The deflectors only have 3 bolts that can be easily changed out with only removing the wheels making it a very simple process. My point is why not run them for as cheap as they are?

Last edited by TheRealJA105; 09-16-2019 at 08:46 AM.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote