View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 08:37 AM   #2195
Bassment

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Everyone keep in mind, Chevrolet does not advertise the Corvette either.

The Camaro is marketed far more than you are willing to give GM credit for to the audience they intend. NASCAR is now one of those.

When you stop seeing ads on television you will know they don't work. Companies don't spend BILLIONS on TV ads alone for nothing. They get something for it. Which goes to the point of the Camaro. If GM believed they would sell more Camaros with ads they would have done it. You guys who (not an insult) don't do it for a living or have degrees in it seem to think you know more than the people at GM about doing TV ads. We don't. As I've mentioned in the past, Mrs. Number 3 was at one point in her career, the Marketing Manager for Corvette and there are reasons GM does not need to spend money on Corvette TV ads.

You may suggest GM take the tact of using the Camaro to boost Chevy.....oh wait they've done that already.

So other than making us feel good, there is very likely no business case for GM to create the commercial and buy TV time. Just as an example, if you spend $10,000,000 on producing a commercial and buying air time, and then for giggles assume GM makes $3,000 per Camaro (8% on ATP which would be VERY good) you would need to sell 3,333 more Camaros just to break even.

Take my current companies products. When was the last time you saw a TV advertisement for International Trucks? Or one of our competitors for that matter? TV ads do not reach our intended customer in a way that is meaningful to sales. It doesn't mean we don't advertise or market our products. We do a LOT of that. It just isn't in ways you see every day.

GM believes that they are marketing the car to it's intended customers without running TV ads.
While I do agree with what you are saying about advertising the Camaro right now, it's pretty dumb to always just assume a company knows what they are doing, especially GM who literally went bankrupt 10 years ago because they did a lot of things wrong...
Bassment is offline   Reply With Quote