View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 12:44 PM   #27
NYblack1le

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR's 2SS View Post
OK now I see it. Thanks.
Well this is a huge crowd of morons on every level. This is how we end up losing our freedom one law after another. Because someone breaks 15 laws to get themselvs killed or kills others.. new laws are passed that deprive the entire country of mostly law abiding citizens of their freedom.
Gun laws come to mind.
As for the comments about the performance of the new cars are.... My friends 1968 Camaro with LT1 heads and M/T cheater slicks ran an 11.2... in 1974. That car was barely street legal even though it was his only car. I drove it a few times in the rain and it was a handfull.
Now my wifes new 2SS vert is capable off the lot of coming almost within a second of that.
Plus to make it worse... We were doing top end runs through the Pines in hand me down family cars... Olds 88... Cutlesses.. With drum brakes all around and bias ply tires. No seat belts... windows open...
Id say a ZL1 is as capable as a Shelby Cobra and look at how revered they are.
People do crazy stuff for fun. Im really not willing to be regulated because a crowd of morons created a disaster.
But a tiered drivers license scheme could be cool. Takes some fun classes... get qualified.. and be permitted to exceed the limit buy a certain % given ideal conditions. I would do that.
Just as with the gun example. Take some classes. Maintain qualification, and earn a nationwide carry permit.
Unfortunately when the government gets involved everyone loses.
X2 laws do nothing but create revenue and strip law abiding citizens of their rights. Education is the only answer to reducing nonsense. There will always be a few bad eggs but you can’t make everyone suffer for a single persons poor decisions.
NYblack1le is offline   Reply With Quote