View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 12:42 PM   #26
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP2SS View Post
I don't think it was parked. Witness reports and the briefing by the cop say that the black Malibu had just pulled out of a parking lot where the "meet" was happening. Was in a strip mall with other businesses, so they may not have even been a part of the "meet". Clearly they didn't expect someone would be coming at 100+. Probably glanced to the left as they were pulling out and saw lights way down the road, expecting those lights to be at normal speed and thinking they had time to pull out onto the road.
Amazingly some of these idiots are standing on the far side of the road, literally on the edge of a road they knew someone would be coming down at very high speed. Darwin's theory, except more often than not the Darwin award candidate aren't the ones who pay the price.

BTW, I think the 1LE is totaled.

I could see that happening. Then add in the intelligence standing around...driver probably didn't have much of a choice (rear end the car or guaranteed hit to people)

I don't think it is a 1LE though? It seem like an SS or a 2SS to me, with a few mods. The rims and hood don't make any sense for it being a 1LE.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote