View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 01:42 PM   #755
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
You and Norm have really highjack this tread.. Last time I checked it was about the C8 Corvette and Camaro sales being affected by the cost of the C8... Did I miss something here?

Really?

I know that might be a hard conversation for Norm since he owns a Mustang .. While the Chevy guys can be concerned about Corvette and Camaro cost being close, that's not the case with the Mustang and Ford GT. Hell, $500,000.00 for the next step up from a Mustang there is no concern of Mustang owners buying a Ford GT because of the price is close. LOL
True, but part of the thread is the eLSD and magshocks on the Vette Z51, which is also part of the Camaro 1LE setup. How much are you getting? One of the primary contentions is that a Camaro 1LE will out handle a base Vette (not made by me), maybe, but will it out handle a base Vette on summer tires. The rapidly degraded into how much handling does the 1LE offer over a properly setup spring and hydro damper? Not much on the street that is FOR SURE. Granted the ride is significantly better and also granted this is the number one reason for a magshock (which is an OPTION on the Z51). I would suspect cheap skinflints like me that got the Z51 without the magshock would be complaining about the kidney belt ride... I just went to Chevy.com a base SS with 1LE is $44,950.... I'm thinking heck no... I would rather have a base C8 and mod from there.

IMO a handling option like the Camaro 1LE, is no where close to the performance of a C8, even given the most minimal mods to the C8 like a summer tire. So will people be "pushed" into a Camaro. I don't think so. I think the Camaro 1LE people in general will be "wishing" they saved some cash and had it for a down on a C8.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.

Last edited by oldman; 08-27-2019 at 09:04 PM.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote