View Single Post
Old 01-29-2021, 06:10 PM   #150
SloCal

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEThumper View Post
I am game for something as well.

I wanted NPP on the car as well for a reason but like most the OE just isn’t quite enough.

Something deep, big change between open and closed, couple tip options and a second cat delete would be ideal. If it removed weight even better.

That being said $3000 for a cat back would kill it for me unless it’s a Ti muffler like the Akropovic stuff was for the Vette.
agreed something like the corsa npp with AWE sound with noticeable changes between modes for a similar price. Don't think there's a market for Ti exhaust stuff on this car or ~3k exhausts. If it's a quality piece of kit I don't mind spending towards top of market for it especially if it wears well and has some value on the back end. However, 3k is a lot of track time so probably would limit myself to 2k.

Really think these exhausts need to bring something special to the table on this car. Stock NPP is pretty good with secondaries deleted - just raspy on top end and quiet at low rpms with valves open - not a lot of muscle sound cruising. My last 6th gen was FBO and it seems most of the exhaust tie up is with the manifolds rather than pipes and mufflers unlike say an F80 where the midpipes change the whole car. Which is why I would say a catback at the price of FBO kit would be a hard sell and would have to be a simply unbelievable product for me to buy.

Having thought it over there's no way I'm losing NPP on this car for a non-NPP setup. Still odd to me AWE chose to come on this forum and post "more sound less valves" amid a thread/forum clamoring for a valved setup from you guys. That's the kind of weird "we know better than our customers" attitude that turns me off to brands to be honest.

2nd 6th gen
SPL Toe Arms/Brembo HTC64t/Corsa NPP/Tremec MTF Fluid
SloCal is offline   Reply With Quote