View Single Post
Old 03-01-2023, 04:25 PM   #7
Hadies

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOYD3800SII View Post
This project is amazing Hadies. Are you doing the tuning all by yourself or is someone else? I have heard that compound boost is difficult to manage which is why twin charged vehicles are very far and few. Also I love the custom twins but wouldn't a large single turbo (possibly a rearmount) in conjunction with the supercharger been a little easier?

Yes and no I toyed with the idea of a rear mount but the amount of plumbing needed, and either use a sealed bearing turbo or an isolated oil system with a tank adds other complexities, a larger single turbo would be more efficient but other than a rear mount there is no good place to put it, with everything else I stuffed in the engine bay there isn't enough room between the radiator and engine or have to have a larger scoop on the hood that i really didnt want. As for the tuning I have done enough tuning to get it close but have a local tuner that is far better then I am at it, when im done with everything ill get it where I think its close then schedule some dino time and have him do it right
Hadies is offline   Reply With Quote