View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 09:40 AM   #12
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
For those guys wanting to track their cars, the PP2 will do a few things: 1) Drive up sales of SS 1LE's, 2) Drive up sales of trans & diff coolers for them like it did on the early GT350's that did not get optioned with them (some non-R's), 3) Suddenly give you more open track in your run session after a few laps, and / or 4) Best of all, I'll now have to get registered on a bunch of Mustang forums in order to try to buy 305/30/19 MPSC2's that will become available for cheap when they put a toned down tire on it to enjoy all the non-track time it was designed for.

I am car guy, not a Ford basher. However, I was floored to find this out when my issue of ROAD & TRACK came and I got to page 62. Like comments above, you put MPSC2's on a car that's "we didn't want to go that full track capability". Sounds more like Ford not wanting to get too close to the capability or beyond the regular GT350 with has MPSS's vs. MPSC2's. As of 2017, the Track Pack with the coolers became standard on the GT350 after the backlash with all the 2016 owners that got cars without that option and were overheating a "track car".
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote