View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 06:56 PM   #20
Road_Warrior85

Drives: IBM 2SSRS, 12 Jeep Wrangler 4door
Send a message via Yahoo to Road_Warrior85
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Maybe they don't advertise because they know their buyers are more likely to be performance enthusiasts who read about cars in performance magazines and websites in order to make their choice?

The first time an executive at my last job saw me in my 1LE, he asked, "Is that a 1LE?". How many people who watch car ads would know what a 1LE is if they saw a comercial about it 1000 times? That exec was more into porsche, but he knew exactly what the 1LE was and knew exactly what its cababilities were, because he read about it.

oh oh, gotta go a comercial for Corvette just came on!
You are missing a very important key factor.

There are not enough "performance enthusiasts" as you describe, to sell 75,000 or more Camaros per year.
Chevy makes a car for that super enthusiast that you describe, and that is why we are selling so few cars.
Ford is able to sell mustangs to people that just want a pretty car, or a fun car, or a cool car..... Dodge is able to sell cars to people who want to say they have the most horsepower, even if they don't know how to use it, or who want to have a fun, fast car, that they can actually put people in.

Chevy is missing half the market, because they are just trying to sell to that small micro-community of people who value performance above all practicality and real world use.
Chevy is building a recreational vehicle, or part time driver, and trying to sell it to full time drivers.

That's why they can't sell enough of them, and there are risks and rumors of them shutting down again because it isn't profitable enough