View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 05:49 PM   #461
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
End of year update...

Must suck to spend this much money to only go 9.4sec's right? No.. the journey, the learning, the car breaking it's factory parts rated for less than 1/2 the power we're making has been an amazing experience. I wouldn't trade or change my path for anything. Just glad I have been able to keep moving forward over having a stale car doing the same ole thing.

2020 Woes: Blew up the DSX Low Side Pump, Blew up the Trans, Blew up the Rear End, Blew out my electrical due to taillights, found out my role cage installer almost burned down my car.

2020 Wins: 9.64 and 148mph without 2nd gear and letting off at 1,000ft. This car has 8's in her.

Downside, I did spend more time on the 71 resto build than planned, but hey... she should be done by Spring.
As a 2021 update, life threw some curve balls my way and I was unable to access my account here for over a year... New baby girl in Feb, doc bills putting all projects on hold and than my Mom's passing. I was able to drag race a total of 2 times in 2021 and improved my times, but battled bad prep and blowing off of tires. I now have a 155mph trapping 9.7sec bracket car

I plan to be a bit more active this year as I finally wrap up my 1971 Camaro restoration. We will be headed to Muscle Cars at the Strip in Vegas this March and plan to hit the track a few times before that date.

Also set off on a quest to get in better shape. Currently down 44lbs and pushing for another 30-40. We shall see where life takes me.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote