View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 03:19 PM   #1
hitmix300
2016 loaded 2SS

Drives: Maverick X3 Turbo R
Thumbs up salvage to twin turbo with built motor and PFI

Hey camaro6 peeps,

I'm Joe

I figured i'd start a build thread for my 2SS. I got the car from IAAI about 10 months ago. It was a total loss vehicle from Chicago and I had to have it; if the price was right. I've had a few fun cars throughout the past and I still own a couple. Pretty much all of them were from an auto auction of some sort. The primary damage resided in the front left suspension/fender & four airbags decided to cash out.. After thorough inspection the car, I found the car was previously crashed in the right rear quarter. The auto body shop did a terrific job fixing her. I could only tell there was work done because of the over-spray in the gas cap closeout.

Now that we got that out of the way, the first fun mod I did to the car was install a flex fuel sensor... This was cool for a couple months, I definately noticed some new found power in the car. I decided to skip the typical fun and games like most cars, like intake, headers, spray, etc. Why not just go boosted haha.. I have a turbo mustang that makes good power and this car needs all of that treatment too.

Unfortunately about 1 month ago I was out to breakfast and someone hit my car. They damaged the drivers door & pushed the quarter panel in about 4mm. Currently I have the door replaced, but the quarter is going to be bumped in april. Stuff happens... Wish they would have stuck around so I could've pimp-slap em'.

I picked up some used rear DR's from a member on the forum. Unfortunately I've yet to warm them up though. The psi should help that be a fun to-do..

as of today some of the hellion turbo stuff has shown up. I have the intercooler & turbochargers thus far. I also splurged & ordered LT4 LPFP & HPFP including the 8 squirt-guns.

This is all for today, look forward to sharing the hellion installation photos & progress with you all.

motor e-z.

Last edited by hitmix300; 01-04-2019 at 03:53 PM.
hitmix300 is offline   Reply With Quote