View Single Post
Old 03-16-2016, 09:17 AM   #196
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Wow! Well done GM. This thing is going to be awesome. The interior is amazing as well. The red seat belts are a nice touch and the 10 speed auto was surprising.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
That looks... really good. Wow. Surprised by the 10 speed auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
640 hp "Estimated"!

No, just the ZL1 for now. They intend to release the new transmission in 8 vehicles by 2018.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
The tranny was co-developed with Ford? Must be related to the one going in the Raptor then.

So this is the co developed trans by Ford and GM. Cool. I like how we are seeing two vastly different applications for its first release. The only thing that surprised me about the ZL1 like others said, was that it would get the 10 speed auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Over, it looks pretty damn good, and should perform amazingly...

But, personally, I am not a fan of a TEN speed automatic. While the extra gears will allow somewhat better ratios, and better MPG's, it's just overkill in my opinion. Even BMW engineers said automatics are getting overly complex with this many gears. I just wonder about all those parts, all that shifting, etc, etc. On a short course track, or autocross it's going to be shifting a lot...which will negate any real gains, and will generate more heat. I will reserve final judgement until I read more and more so drive one, but I'd rather they put the A8 in it...

Some other thoughts. The wheels aren't as nice as the SS 1LE wheels in my opinion, and the sound is not what I was expecting. The whine of the supercharger is fantastic, but the exhaust sounds too raspy, not deep enough for my taste.
I was waiting for someone to say they weren't a fan. I know on the "other site" they have been syaing the 10 speed in the Raptor will eventually go to the mustang. Then I remeber people here saying it won't make any difference, 10 is to much but now that the Zl1 has it its the best thing ever lol. 10 Speed to me sounds cool, also sounds like a lot could go wrong lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidedraft View Post
That hood is pure sex.
That hood is simply amazing. It is just wow.

I think the car looks great, there are just 2 details I don't care for. I don't like how the black from the hood carries over to the roof, and the giant quad tips.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote