View Single Post
Old 12-22-2021, 07:55 PM   #1325
jeremy71

Drives: 2017 Chevy SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Also, as far as PTM Wet: it DOES matter tons. Anyone that thinks otherwise: please turn it off (at your own risk!) and see what happens (again, at your own risk!). Why does it matter tons? Firstly, suspension is in Touring, to provide most mechanical grip. That's the softest setting possible. Next, TSC is in its most helpful, standard setting vs competitive one, allowing little tire overslip. Lastly, ESC is set to even *beyond* its standard assist, to permit only minimal slip angles/yaw before intervening. In other words, NO other setting provides this much support to a driver. Period. Full stop.

Hope this will clarify a few things to the folks out there. Cheers and keep er the shiny side up
Interesting that wet ptm goes into tour mode, but that makes sense.
That being said... and the fact that my tred is probably at 50% with about 8 track days at cota and some weekend burger runs, but I just slid into turns as the track was saturated and I hydroplaned easily. These were no power, coasting turns and the car just kept going straight...would love to see ss 1Le drivers on SC3's cooking laps and maintaining control! send links... love to learn!
jeremy71 is offline   Reply With Quote