View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 06:40 AM   #57
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71bb View Post
I am reviving this thread for several reasons. The BEST one in my opinion is that it is one of the most significant threads in terms of useful technical information EVER from AL and the boys. Sometimes it takes a little time to appreciate just how good those guys were at their jobs!!!

Second reason for reviving tread is that I am dropping my car at Advanced Modern Performance so that they can install the Suspension Kit Part Number 84203549 (shocks, springs, etc.) and the SWAY bar kit part number 84401188. This is more commonly referred to as the SG3 suspension.

The Car is a BLACKED out 2019 Camaro SS2 with A10 suspension. AMP has already installed an upgraded wheel and tire package that included APEX SM-10 19 x 10.5 wheels wrapped in Michelin Sport 4S 305 30 19 tires. This combo is ROTATABLE and with about 4K miles on them , the tires show NO significant wear as of yet. PICS of car NOW is in the thread below.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...=515659&page=6

This wheel and tire combination has been on the car for about 3 months and I couldnt be more pleased. AMP set negative chamber of all four wheels to be -1.5 degrees.

The car handles significantly better with the new wheel/tire set up than the stock set up but the current suspension is too soft and car has too much lean. I wanted to correct all that hence the reason for the suspension and sway bar upgrades.

I have asked AMP to document the individual part numbers that make up these two kits. Since they also have access to and create some of the fastest and best handling GM cars on the planet, I have asked them also to compare the best they can to their 2019 ZR1 Corvette and 2020 C8 corvette in terms of handling characteristics.

Having come out most recently a CAMARO ZL1 1LE A10 car, I wanted a car that had that handling ability but wasnt as miserable to drive due to the overly and in my opinion unnecessarily HARSH suspension (mainly shocks!!!) In testing smoother road surfaces, my ZL1 1LE handling was similiar to the Corvette Zr1 but when pushed near the limit, the ZR1 was more stable. If even slightly irregular road surfaces came into play, then that's where the ZL1 was unsettling because the suspension was completely unforgiving. The bottom line is the ZL1 1LE makes a pretty miserable daily driver.

This then is why I am modding the 2019 CAMARO SS2 with suspension goodies and such. I will post back here again when installation is completed,
That will be a nice setup! Looking forward to updates!

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote