View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 11:56 AM   #14
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNfirstgen View Post
I recently bought a new LT1 Camaro and have found myself already looking for an exhaust, but I am not willing to spend $1000-$1500 just yet. I had been considering doing the muffler delete, but this car is my daily and I do not want to wake up the whole neighborhood as I leave for work early in the morning. This is where I started looking into electric cutouts. Will the use of cutouts cause any harm to the engine due to a change in back pressure (potential of leaning out)? Will a tune be necessary with the muffler delete or cutouts? I believe with the cutouts being back near the muffler that they will not make the O2 sensors adjust the air fuel mixture, but I certainly want to confirm this.
On on the fence on this as well. My non npp LT1 is very quiet which is great for stealth, and I do appreciate the civil cold starts. Been leaning towards cut outs, but fear of rattle or electric valve failure has me skeptical. I've strongly considered manual cutouts, they are much cheaper, but going under the car will get annoying quickly. I might just wait out the power train warranty to expire and install catless 2" long tube headers and bolt that up to the factory non npp exhaust. Decisions, decisions...
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote