View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 11:06 AM   #5
toohighpsi

Drives: 2015 C7 Z06 M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by IneedAZ View Post
Now that the Magnuson is hitting the market i am curious to what the Mag has to offer over the Edelbrock. I know no hood cutting for the Mag, but Valve covers need to be modded or replaced. I also see it is two cooling bricks instead of 1 large one.

Questions; any advantage of two vs 1 large cooling brick? Any other mods on the Mag that are not visually apparent? Basically, are they the same in performance and just have to decide on price and if hood or vc going to be modded?

For me, I would think either would meet my goals of 700-750rwhp with appropriate other parts such as Cam, TB, CAI, Exhaust, and Tune.
The biggest unseen difference will be the patent pending Magnuson Stage 2 housing in the Magnum DI, it's capable of at least 150HP more at the top end compared to competitors TVS2650 products.

As you can see I'm making 700+ RWHP with no mods but the blower, 103mm TB and CAI on 91 octane pump (no meth). Turning the water/meth on and dropping pulley size by 5mm get it to 818 RWHP on an otherwise stock LT4 (I assume you're referring to your ZL1?)
toohighpsi is offline   Reply With Quote