View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 08:29 AM   #3443
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
C7 gt350

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
So if the Corvette is the competition for the Shelby, which I haven't heard of this since maybe the late 60s, and the SS the GT, where does that leave the ZL1?

I do understand pricing will have the Corvette close to Shelby pricing but hasn't that always been the case? The 7th Gen Corvette was similar in pricing to the GT350 yet I don't recall anyone stating they were direct competitors.
I remember a few, at least one CD article, putting the c7 z51 against the gt350 with a track pack. To be fair they did label it an unlikely comparison and the c7 stomped it as it should have but price and powerwise they were comparable. The camaro and mustang are obviously the more common rivals but when a Shelby has the price tag of a Corvette ofcourse they're going to be compared to each other as well. Especially in 2015 and 2016 where there was no ss 1le or zl1 yet.

The gt500 is in a place price and power wise where it will probably be compared and crossshopped against zl1/zle's and corvettes.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote