View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 10:47 AM   #2
Shawnqa800720

Drives: 2018 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18ss376 View Post
Your kidding right!
Buy a set of full length headers & be done.

I wish I was kidding, but keeping the warranty is critical to me at this point (lets be honest - critical to my wife... so critical to me). So, playing with every little edge that I can is what I need to do since I can't tune, and therefore can't do anything that'll make significant gains.

I've done everything possible to the suspension within the warranty limits (dealer installed GMPP lowering kit and 1LE sway bar kit, and will be getting 1LE tires), and added the GM CAI with the GM tune. I'll be doing some of the other bits that can tweak a little more out of the engine without tune and still be replaced back to stock for warranty service (Pray ported IM and TB). Porting the exhaust is the last little bit I can think of. In fact, a ported exhaust may be one of the things I could even keep on during a warranty service since it is outrageously unlikely to be checked.

Plus, it'll be fun to tinker with something on the car until the warranty runs out and I can really start to play with it. But since the car currently has 13 miles, that day is a loooonnnggg way off and I am dying to tinker with it.

So, again, no, I'm not kidding
2018 Red Hot 1SS, GM lowering kit & 1LE Sway bar kit, ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings, BMR sway bar end links, GM CAI w/tune, Pray ported IM, Mamo ported TB, VS Forged VS07 rims 20x11 & 20x10 w/ Michelin PS4S
Shawnqa800720 is offline   Reply With Quote