danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Awesome

Great to see another na guy pushing the envelope

I’m going to go as far as I can with some more weight reduction and some 3.27 gear on the stock converter. I think I can run into the 10.6 range on the stock converter. I’m just not convinced a converter helps that much in our cars at the bolt on level. It seems the top end is sacrificed too much in an already lackluster top end lt1 power-band. They look to be worth a tenth at most with bolt ons. But then again not a lot of data out there

As far as heads cam I’ll probably go big or go home and a 4c or 5c. Although I’m leaning toward the victor jr heads. Sounds like the stocker castings are pretty limited on the exhaust side. Ported stock shows good gains but I think the victor jr will be a cut above. Gonna give it another year or so for the correct cams to be developed for those heads. Which is an ongoing process currently
Agreed on converter for bolt ons. In fact when my tuner first drove my car, he asked if I was going to even bother with a converter with bolt ons. Gone are the good old 4 speed days, where a good converter picked up almost a few tenths. We will see.... I might to a test n tune between the bolt on tune and converter tune for some rough data.

I was hoping to have it ready and racing for a track rental in ohio on June 4th, but it looks like the wheels wont be ready by then.

Doesn't the 3.27 differential require you to run the smaller v6 half shafts?
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote