View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 09:38 AM   #183
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
How many ZL1-1LE's has Chevy sold? 750? 1000?

Dodge sold 3000 Demon's in 1yr and could have sold many more. Silly of Ford to chase a car that so few want to own and that they would have to add content to when they could chase a car seemingly everyone wants to own and you can remove content to achieve you goal.

... Screw a ZLE competitor, give us a Drag Pack option like you could get in the 60's. Dodge has layed the groundwork and proven the concept is profitable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Well, while I still dont get the Mustang Guys argument about "sales being important in performance discussions", I do agree with your end conclusion that chasing the ZLE is pointless.

I know quite a few GT350 owners, with the exception of 1, none are real car guys. None know what it can and cant beat on the track, the OPG issues, engine issues, and no fix in sight, clueless on all of the important factors(as car guys) of the car.

They buy the car because it sounds and looks cool, and the same will go for the GT500, with the exception that it better compete at the 1/4 mile.

A 1/4 killer and boulevard bruiser are the only things this car needs to be to sell well, and for many that won't matter either.
You guys have nailed it.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote