View Single Post
Old 03-23-2024, 07:44 AM   #76
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
Working the Rear Fascia.

Spent most of the day at my Brother's trying to get his 6-71 Blown SBC started on the car I sold him. No dice, set the distributer to 10 deg BTDC, and verified spark and gas, but ran out of battery power cranking it. The MSD and stuff wants a solid 12v and his battery is old. Will figure it out, I don't give up easily. Last Pic in this post.

Everything but the Tail Lamps comes off and is transferred to the ZTA Fascia. The new Fascia has it's own Trans Am style Tail Lamps, pretty cool looking.

I have a new EVO Diffuser on order from Auto Addicts, so I may not mount the old one to the new Fascia unless there is a issue impacting the fit, will find out when I install it first w/o it. Have to wait until April/May for it, better be worth it.

Instructions call for cutting off the (14) ends of whatever the bracket is on the rear of the car, and bashing the metal in somewhat for clearance. No going back here.

Also have to cut a clearance window on the Energy Absorber to clear the License Plate depression in the new Fascia. It is a flimsy piece, and breaks easily. Measure 2x, cut once. I fit nicely.

Will finish mounting all of the other crap on the Fascia, and fir it to the car.
Attached Images

hesster is offline   Reply With Quote