View Single Post
Old 08-28-2022, 11:36 AM   #1
american_badaz

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss/rs
hello from central VA

Hello everyone!
My name is Ian. I live in Amherst VA, and this sounds too much like an AA meeting intro.

I guess a little info about me first. I was an auto tech for 22 years (Specialized in Toyota and Subaru), got sick of being an electrician, so I have been working at a papermill for the last 7 years.

I have built tons and tons of aircooled VW's over the years, but have also owned many F-bodies as well. Here is the one that started it all back in 1993. It was a '68 RS with a 327 and p/g transmission. I still deeply regret selling it.

Over the years i have also owned 2-'78 Z's, a 79 Formula Firebird, a 81 Formula, 86 Iroc, 87 IROC with a 5spd, a 92 Purple Haze RS, 94 Formula, a 97 Formula, and my latest purchase....

I recently picked up a '12 2SS/RS. It has 68k miles. I am really enjoying it. (What little I have driven it. I got it for cruise-ins/ shows/ occasional drives.)

Mods are K&N CAI, BBK long tube headers with high flow cats, Pypes bomb exhaust, and tuned ecu. I am in the process of building a new garage for it right now, so I don't expect too many more mods in the near future. Well.... maybe change the wheels... We all know how the story begins.

Anyway, I have been quietly watching the forum for a bit and have learned a lot about the Gen5's. Hopefully I will be able to contribute as time goes on.

Oh... I almost forgot... pics or it didn't happen right?!

american_badaz is offline   Reply With Quote