View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 01:57 AM   #11
Reddy1LE

Drives: 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by madscotsman View Post
Looks more like the adhesion promoter ate the paint when they incorrectly applied it to the painted trunk instead of the spoiler side of the 3M adhesive. Mine has a similar area along the front edge of the spoiler on the passenger side. I had a similar conversation (#5 below) with 3M a few years back when I removed some window louvers from a mustang I had.

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/ar.../t-788799.html
Thank you for this! I mentioned this to the service advisor that this is probably the issue. They couldn't do anything at the time of the appt just assess the damage which is understandable can't imagine them sending it out right now, they said GM wanted pictures and will be in contact with me.

I also showed the advisor my the ends of my spoiler don't exactly sit flush especially the driver side has a much bigger gap compared to the passenger. Hopefully they replace that as well but that seems to be a easier fix if not.
What this car really needs is a notification eliminator. There's a wi-fi notification. Bluetooth notification. Parking brake disabled notification. Always some annoying notification popping up. - Navigator post
Reddy1LE is offline   Reply With Quote