View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 12:16 PM   #20
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
I had at one point a 2016 WRX and my 2017 Camaro RS 2 LT. My Camaro 2LT V6 with automatic 8 was comparable to the WRX handling wise. The V6 Camaro weighs less than the SS's do and the front end is lighter and it handles a little crisper in my opinion- similar to the WRX. But I had wide tires on my Camaro- 275's front, 295's in back. My WRX was a gas mileage champ- I averaged over 33 and got near 40 on the highway. My 2LT averaged about 27 and I would get 33-35 on my back roads commute to work. You will get less with the SS.

Specific to your handling question, the WRX definitely feels much lighter and crisp versus an SS (I test drove a few SS's and RS's M/T). Although the SS is going to have a lot more raw power for sure. I found the v6 potent enough in my opinion for my driving- and a great balance between performance and gas mileage. If you want power, get the SS.

Not sure if you are buying new or used- I would recommend staying away from the A8, get manual transmission or if new 2019 get the 10 speed auto- it is supposed to be way better. I no longer have my Camaro RS due to too many problems with the A8 and it spent too much time at the dealer's getting flushes, new torque converter, etc.