View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 07:51 AM   #21
gmcvt

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Ahhh E85. That's it. Burning alcohol can make acids. So this is almost certainly the culprit here. You will have to change oil more frequently. I recommend changing the oil when the OLM says 50% or 3k miles, whichever comes first. Keep doing the TBN analysis and let that be your guide. Winter will be worse than summer.

Your catch can will fill with water and light hydrocarbon condensates very quickly in the winter (like weekly if your trips are frequent and short). E85 adds to this. Chocolate milk shake appearance is normal in the winter. Will be darker in the summer as higher temps cause water to evaporate/burn off. Analysis shows no water in the oil so your CC is doing its job.

Not really sure I need Black Stone with you (and others) around. Thank you!

Again though, its odd that I did not have this issue with my 5.0. And my drive cycles were the same, Driven oil and same change interval.
2018 Mustang GT A10 Kooks Lt's, E85 & Lund tune*SOLD*
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Silver- CAI, Bo-body, VRSP-2 cam, Kooks 1 7/8 Lt's w/cats, Magnaflow street CB(15089), QTP ovals, Elite can, Vengeance Racing tune. *SOLD*
gmcvt is offline   Reply With Quote