View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 09:26 PM   #21
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trak-Toy View Post
Also, the hood is already wrapped from the factory so there is nothing to do there. Nothing has impacted the front or sides of my car (yet!..fingers crossed) and it doesn’t seem too likely...If I was to do it again, I would also get the windshield done with the PPF specifically designed for the windshield. These ZLE’s appear to have very soft glass and get pitted very easily from small rocks kicked off the highway. Just my 2 cents worth.
+1 for windshield protection. It is $800+ to install new OEM glass with HUD and PDR. I average around 7 days on track per year and have had two different windshield cracks this year probably both from the track. If you don't protect the windshield fill any chips near the edges even very small ones ASAP before using the defroster as they are more likely to crack. Mine were both too small to notice until after the crack appeared since I didn't specifically check for them. I have tons of pitting too.

I got a few paint chips on the leading edge above the windshield...definitely cover that area with ppf. Also I have paint showing through the hood wrap in several small spots so protect it with matte ppf or be ready to re-wrap frequently if you want it to look perfect. My front bumper has probably over 100 little rock chips from track use. And tons of them just in front of the rear wheels too although they are not very noticeable in any of those locations unless you are within a few feet. Unfortunately track use is incompatible with a perfect looking car. See if you can get a warranty on the install so they will replace segments cheap or free if a rock gets through the ppf. I would have done the key areas on mine (which cost me less than half of what you paid for yours) if it was brand new but the previous owner already drove it without rock guards (get the ones from ZL1addons) or ppf for over a year so it wasn't worth it in my case.

If you plan to keep the car for a long time full ppf may be worth it but if you sell or trade in I doubt you will recoup anywhere near what you paid to have it done.

Last edited by cdrptrks; 04-20-2021 at 09:44 PM.
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote