Thread: More HP?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 08:58 PM   #9
FaZeBG

Drives: 2017 SS camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJFGTO View Post
If you are chasing HP numbers going FI is the most cost effective method to get there. Don’t know your cam specs but a FI engine needs to have a FI specific cam for maximum efficiency and drivability.
I’m not really tryna change my cam since I’m getting it installed right now. Maybe some time in the future but I seen some setups that’s running the D1x procharger and vvt3 cam. I’m thinking about getting that but I’m stuck doing research on meth injection, e85, fuel pumps and injectors, and pulleys. If I’m not mistaken I’ve read a few post that says if I don’t use meth injection then my engine(LT1) won’t last long being that 700hp is around the limit that engine can take stock and the meth compliments the boost. But if that’s true the D1 alone should add around 150+ hp. All those upgrades would put me at around 700. Correct me if I’m wrong but would that setup last on my engine? And if not how long would it last? And if it would last then what would be needed to support that; D1x, meth injection, fuel upgrades, e85 and pulleys? I know it’s a lot but I’m new to this and trying to get the best understanding of all these car modifications and the do’s and don’t
FaZeBG is offline   Reply With Quote