View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 04:57 AM   #1994
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
Blaq, I don't think you "don't get it" it's just that you're looking at this from the perspective of an enthusiast, which, you should, you are one. However, those making these calls aren't looking at it as such, their eyes are trained on bottom lines and cost efficiency.

I'll quote myself from earlier in this very thread:
Good point. I get it. I'm just wondering exactly how much you can milk people for before actually making a car that can beat the competition. I get that Ford wants to sell cars and that is cool. But when you're looking across all the versions of GTs that they have and see that if they took this engine and paired it with that trans and threw it on that suspension...well that would piss me off. Either way it will sell. I personally would not buy one simply because of all this. I mean, they literally have all the ingredients to beat the SS 1LE but they spread it out in different trims, lol.

And while an A10 PP2 Mustang GT with 475 hp would be awesome, I gotta wonder if it would elbow in too close to GT350 territory. I hate to bring it up yet again. But Ford had to have known that all these parts together would possibly beat the 1LE and then end up too close to the Shelby or surpassing it. Because I am sure that people would have paid the money for this combination if it could beat the 1LE. So selling them isn't the issue.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote