View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 12:56 AM   #13
1slowssm6

Drives: 2016 1ss m6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by exxit View Post
I'm absolutely up for going port injection. The cam is definitely in the next phase but the more time I spend planning the more i realize the next stage is going to involve a whole lot... intank, low side, high side, injectors, pistons, rods, cams, dod delete, studs, chain, etcetc, heads, driveshaft, half shafts, clutch. leaving suspension to be the next culprit for the seemingly "final stage." It's going to be a serious project. It's really one of those "well I just need a cam, but while I'm in there I might as well" situations. Someone else can do the math but i'm guessing that is like 7k, 9k with the heads, after deal hunting and sending out a few emails. We play a financially painful game once you break the 580whp marker in this car.
im lucky enough to have two shops who offer port injection setups not far from me i already know i cant afford the build i want,however im trying to setup for it down the road,i know ill go port injection,i dont want the fuel worries later on,and i prefer running e85.my next buy will be driveshaft and axles,then i plan to get the port injection setup rpm offers,then ill move on to the d1sc setup,im gonna try and make around 700whp on e85 and see how long the stock pistons last,hopefully long enough for me to save for a nice bottom end.I wanted to do a cam swap,lt4 fuel setup,then i realized you're still limited on fuel and have $6kish in parts,where as the port injection setups are $3k or so and no fuel worries again.
1slowssm6 is offline   Reply With Quote