View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 06:14 PM   #32
HZjr

Drives: Camaro 2SS A8 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
Mine did that same thing a few days ago, I thought it was the road since they just repaved it. But today I noticed it when it seemed to be changing from 4 to 8 or visa versa. I don't remember which. I was going about 50 mph at the time, the first time was probably running mid 70's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
I get this too, noticed it a lot this weekend driving to the mountains, a lot of highway driving. It is definitely when going into 4 from the AFM, feels like rough road paving. There really isn't anything that can be done, did not do it with the Range device, but the Range throws CELs in the LT1. I have heard they are working on another FW update that truly addresses the CELs. For now I am not have anyone touch my car, only notice it on the Highway, hoping to use the Range device soon on road trips once they update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
I am betting the vibration on the freeway is due to AFM. Watch the V4 - V8 mode screen and see. If it vibrates while in V4, try putting the shifter into manual mode, shift down 7th gear and then back up to 8th gear and see if the vibration goes away. Not much can be done from that, other than to do the shift work around or use a Range device, which may or may not throw CELs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by parish8 View Post
i am having this problem now. 2017 ss. it is exactly as described above. under a very light load(flat road) i can feel the rpms bump up and down. under a little more load like a slight incline it gets more noticeable and under a little more load it starts to feel like rumple strips. here is a log that i took. it looks to be the converter. also if i manually command it locked with hptuners it smooths out. the odd feeling timing matches the bumps in the chart below.

while the car with not completely warm it didn't have this issue and the slip was between 5-15rpm.

what a bummer. i have to now decide if i want to take it back to stock which at this point would be pretty easy and then hope they fix it for me or just buy a converter. a circle D converter is on my long list but i wasn't wanting to get one for awhile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY View Post
Crap, looks like I am in the same boat. I have been telling my dealer for a while now about it. No I am modded. Got to see how this plays out. I wonder if you have the dealership do the latest ECM/TCM updates it will only show the last GM CVN? That should take care of the warrantee deal with tuning. I am sure I also have the dang rear end thing as well. It groans pretty bad in the mornings while it is still cold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs580 View Post
here here....me too. my ss did the same thing. i recently got headers put on and i had him write a tune to deactivate the v4 mode. problem solved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miacamaro77 View Post
I felt this same thing at 67 to 70 mph cruising. Great back to the dealer for yet a other issue. This will teach me to be patient and never buy a car when it first comes out. This is one of many issues .
I had the same symptom. So, what is next, should I get used to it?, or is there any common solution other than dealer hassle.

The guy who changed the converted said it does at all modes, what about us that only does with v4 mode?

It is annoying, I really wanted the M6 and my wife forced me to get automatic so she can drive it too