View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 07:39 PM   #12
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior85 View Post
Corvette buyers weren't getting Camaros before... and they aren't going to start now.

Will there be some that are stuck on having a stick shift that opt to get a Camaro instead? I"m gonna go with NO. Not with the Camaro supposedly dying soon. They'd take one of the actual Corvette competitors instead.

Are Camaro buyers going to jump to Corvette?
Not really.

There's 2 reasons people that want a Corvette buy a Camaro instead.
1. To have back seats
2. The Corvette costs too much for them.

Neither of those will change with the C8.

The C8 will steal sales from it's competitors, and the amount it steals from the Camaro will be too small to even be noteworthy.... Much like the amount of Corvette buyers that are going to opt for a Camaro instead..... and those that do, would likely be going for the ZL1 rather than the regular SS or SS 1LE

Not necessarily. I went to trade in my 2004 C5 for a 2017 Grand Sport and they had this beautiful 2 SS Fifty Convertible on the showroom floor. I liked it better than the Vette as it had the same engine/trans and the Vette did not have blind spot or cross traffic available on any model. Money was not the deciding factor. I bought that Fifty Vert and love it. Plus I no longer have to worry about hitting front curbs on the like I did in my Vette. I don't regret my choice at all.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote