View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 07:46 AM   #21
BRLeal80

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
So I finally got my AWE catback and got everything put in. The headers are TSP 2 inch headers and the catback is the AWE Touring with resonators.

My first thought is it is way louder on a cold start than I was expecting, like my neighbors are going to be pissed at 7 am loud. I thought it would be a little tamer than it is but it is ruthless.

Second thought is it is way quieter at idle after it is warm than I thought it would be. I was expecting it to be kind of rowdy at idle but not overbearing. It is really tame at idle to the point I can't even hear it inside the car and outside the car it just has a nice tone to it but not loud at all.

Driving it sounds great, pretty loud and nasty on acceleration with a slight hint of rasp in the upper RPMs or right when it shifts but not enough to sound bad. Cruising you can't even hear it really and there is not even a hint of drone in the car.

It is very surprising to me how it goes from being so loud and nasty on a cold start or while accelerating to so tame at cruising or at idle. Very nice set up and good quality, really impressed with the AWE system.
Umbriel, did the tsp headers clamp directly to the AWE catback system or was there welding required?
BRLeal80 is offline   Reply With Quote