View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 07:22 PM   #10
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdelgado92 View Post
i was having the same issue last week, so i looked online and found some fixes to try out. None of them worked for me until i finally looked at the software updates and updated my iphone to iOS 12.3.1 and then it finally worked. Even though they didn't work for me, they might work for you so here they are:

1) Disconnect both battery cables and touch them together to do a reset, if you're not comfortable with that, then you can disconnect the ground over night and have it reset that way. ( some people said the reset worked, but not for me)

2) The more expensive route is to replace the USB ports inside. Some people have reported that it malfunctioned on them, one guy even showed pictures where his had burn marks on his on the inside. You can take it out and check for yourself to see if there's any signs of being shorted out or something or just like me, go ahead and buy it just in case. I don't think mine was damaged but i replaced it either way. the replacement piece cost me $37 from a 3rd party.

If non of that works then i'd say its dealership time.
I'm that guy with the one that was burned lol!

Mine had soda dropped on it by the previous owner, I came to that conclusion when I was cleaning up all the sticky residue under the center console.

OP's issue seems to not be like mine, his ports charge and even recognize for Android Auto. CarPlay is automatically detected by the iPhone I believe but there is a setting in the car's infotainment settings to turn on CarPlay and Android Auto (individual settings). It may be that, if OP still has a warranty then I would always take in under warranty, if not then double check settings on the infotainment and maybe even try another iPhone.

If nothing works and no warranty then you can do what I did and replace the module itself, I doubt your issue is to that extent but if it is I documented my process and can assist if there's confusion on how to reach/remove the module.

EDIT: after reading some replies, an error message appears on the iPhone when plugged into the CarPlay port? If so then it may be leaning toward a cable, iPhone port, or iPhone software issue.

more EDIT: iOS 12.3.2 got released recently, maybe an update could help for whatever reason

Last edited by Bumbleboy92; 06-11-2019 at 07:30 PM. Reason: edit
Bumbleboy92 is online now   Reply With Quote