View Single Post
Old 12-23-2018, 09:20 PM   #24
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
The ZL1 1LE is far from slow in the quarter mile. Considering that it is a manual trans, and seeing what other cars with similar HP/TQ, IRS, and a manual trans are doing in the quarter mile, I'd say it is right on par. The problem is that the automatics are just soo much faster in the quarter mile than the manuals. So they seem slower by comparison. Example, all the fast times that people brag about concerning the new GT, those are all automatics. What is the manual trans GT doing? Mid 12s if that? LOL!! Is it slow? The ZL1 1LE is just a few ticks, if that, behind what the 13-14 GT500 was despite the GT500 having a lot more features that were more favorable for quarter mile runs and having more HP and being lighter. Plus GM built safety features into the ZL1s with manual trans to keep them from flying off the road. All that taken into consideration and it is still right on par with a stock Hellcat and the 13-14 GT500s (I mention those because that is the only thing Ford made that was on the same HP level as the ZL1).

These days if you want to compare what is fast then you have to go by what the auto equipped cars will do. I'm betting we'll also see a huge difference with the upcoming GT500 between the auto and manual versions. And if there is an R version that is track bred then I bet it'll be manual trans and I bet it'll be much "slower" than the auto equipped one.

The ZL1 1LE for what it is and can do is nothing short of amazing whether it is the quarter mile or on a track. I've said it many times before and I'll say it again...nothing in it's price range can beat it at anything. That goes for the ZL1 and the ZL1 1LE. Well except for maybe a GS Vette and a 1LZ Z06.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote