View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 03:58 PM   #6
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbear951 View Post
Okay thank you. I’d like to wait a couple of weeks. Do you think that by sanding down the rust and leaving a bunch of surface scratches that it might tear up my new rotors a bit? Because if that is the case then I won’t wait a couple weeks, I’ll just bite the bullet and do it now. Oh and what is the safest thing to use to clean up the rust if I do hold onto them a couple more weeks? I was using sandpaper and the some PB Blast. Thanks for the tips guys!

ETA:
Also, using the part number you gave me, there’s a pair on eBay for $85, yet GM said around $500 each which makes me suspicious of authenticity of eBay pair. Also when I gave my VIN number to GM, they said my part number is 13507374 because I have the L99 motor. Which part number is better to go with if price isn’t a factor? They quoted me 196/ea for 13507374 . Is there anywhere other than GM that might have what I need locally?
My opinion is your hub scratches are fine to use. I don’t see anything deep or bad enough to worry about but just make sure the rotor fits flush. The hubs and rotors will rust and so try your best to prevent it but don’t lose sleep if there is surface rust. Unless it’s a show car, LOL.

GM parts from the dealer are always inflated. Different Camaro performance models have different hub performance criteria. They will all work but the 415 part# is the highest performance hub. Rock auto is a good place to look as well. If your worried about eBay then just email or read seller info on the hubs. If your not comfortable then don’t buy them. Some of those are just bulk buys of hubs that aren’t packaged and “dressed up” in labeled packaging but are the same hub. I put 2 front 415 hubs on my V6 and ran it for a few years and it made a difference since I had wide front tires(285) and those were eBay sourced.

As far as your hubs, they will most likely make noise in turns so addressing them when you get the $ is probably ok as long as you don’t push it too long.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote