View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #201
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs396 View Post
I completely agree with what you are saying in a clean design. I think of the Ferrari GTO 288 and how the whole fender is the flare and yet still clean. But to go with that I like some visual excitement on the side. I like your picture but it might be too much for a camaro. I like the round wheel well instead of the squared off, and maybe a rounder quarter panel like ALLTRBO posted. Instead of the light bars in the grill maybe a smaller 3-panel light to go with your side markers, I don't know. Anyway keep up the good work !!
That design is like what, 30 years old? And it's STILL beautiful. That's the kind of effect I want the Camaro to have; timelessly beautiful. I'm playing with some variations including as clean a NASA style design as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverds View Post
This news is from March so it may be outdated by now but at least we have a statement.

Ref. 2016 Camaro May Shed Weight, Get Downsized Engines Hints Chief Engineer

This leads me to believe that GM plans to simply (or not so simply) evolve the styling of the 5th Gen, rather than create a new design. Does the C7 Corvette foretell what GM's interpretation of "evolve" means?
That makes sense. They don't want to (and shouldn't) alienate people by making the Camaro look like a comic book gangster car which is what some seem to want. It would sell to a small segment of teenage and young 20-something boys but they'd lose their female customers, and just about everybody over 30 which is a huge base of customers. Not a smart business move.

I'm going back to clean and basic to refresh my brain so I can start with a clean slate in my mind. I realized I didn't like the wheel design so I came up with a more industrial design that's a no-nonsense no-bling look and you can see that on the side view. I'll do a perspective view of it but I like this much better; gives the car a more race-like view I think. I know it's not a 5-spoke but screw it; I like the 6-spoke here better, gives it a more up-to-date look to me.

I cleaned up the side marker lights with a simpler design, went with a stylized rectangle for the front turn signal lights in the grill area. Moved the dark gray line around the bottom upwards a bit and made the gray rocker panels taller; thins the upper body and gives the lower panel a stronger look. I think when I do the new wheel design in perspective it will give the perspective view a much more serious performance look.
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept8c.jpg
Views: 3067
Size:  156.4 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM