View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 07:55 PM   #101
GrimReaperSS

Drives: 2001 Onyx Black/Ebony SS. 427/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybadger1le View Post
Hot Rod released an article yesterday that they had been sitting on until the release of the C8. In the article the writer talks about driving the C8 while being developed. They drove three cars; one equipped with a 6.6L NA, one with a 7.4L NA, and the the last with a 5.7L TT DOHC. GM didn’t select either of these three for the C8 but I found it interesting that they were testing the two large displacement NA power plants. Unless they buck tradition and go away from a NA Z28 my guess is one of these two is the logical next step for the Z28.
The way I am understanding the article is that the cars that were driven, 13 years ago!, were much earlier mid-engine Corvette prototypes, the ones in the pictures, not early version C8 prototypes. So the 6.6L would've likely been a Pontiac 400 or a BBC 396/402. The 7.4L would've been a 70's BBC 454 and then the 5.7L TT would've been the LT-5 from the 90's ZR1. Not current LT engines at different displacements. Also, the article was released on the 12th, 6 days before the C8 debut.
https://www.motortrend.com/cars/chev...otypes-review/
GrimReaperSS is offline   Reply With Quote