View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 11:27 AM   #12
easttxss

Drives: '16 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Since yours is a 2016, I would just buy the MPVI2 plus 2 credits for engine (ECM) tuning. I don't think you would need the pro features as a first time tuner.

Not sure about the transmission (TCM) and fuel system control modules (FSCM), I had to buy extra credits for those plus get the TCM unlocked for $$$, but you should be in luck, the 2016 wasn't yet encrypted, only 2017+ cars are. Regardless, given that you can always buy more credits if needed, this should be okay for a start.

I am not a tuner, by the way, and if this is indeed the first time you are attempting to tune a Gen V car, make sure you do some research, this is complicated business. Goat Rope Garage has a great video series for beginners at tuning101.com, look for his HP Tuners tutorial series.
Just to add to this because others will come across it later. The 2016 takes 3 credits. 2 to license the tune and 1 for the FSCM. It wont let you load your adjusted tune back to the car without licensing the FSCM. I just did mine last week so that I could see what the previous owner had done.
'14 Fusion Titanium 2.0T
'83 Jeep Wagoneer
easttxss is offline   Reply With Quote