View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 08:56 AM   #9
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookwook View Post
Thanks for the write up. Not sure what prompted the timely public announcement, but I have a snow kit waiting for me to get to it for my 2T. I am sure I will find diminishing returns with it, unless I hang ten toes off the table to get that benefit with timing at my 22psi boost, but want to explore for track use anyways. I take it there is no fail-safe ever considered for some reason or another. I am very curious how well built-in protection will work knowing we can isolate IAT timing and also tighten down KR response in the E80A. Or the ecu is known to be unreliable or ineffective at that extreme? Or it just doesn't work like that? Maybe just convert it into a IC spray cooler?
You will run out of turbo before you can take advantage of water meth.

There are not many failsafes that I trust other than 1 set up I developed for a project years ago.

We installed a pressure sensor in the meth feed line and used it to trigger the scramble option on the boost controller so it would only add boost when pressure was high enough in the line.

No flow no boost increase.

Tuned it on 15 psi pump gas then set the boost controller for 22 on the scramble wire powered by the pressure sensor so more boost with 100% meth and no timing changes.

Being that you are controlling boost via the ECU I don't think you have that option.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote